2013年1月27日星期日

Why Do Most Internet and Network Marketers Fail to Succeed?

Since I have been marketing on the internet, there has been much talk about why the majority of people who begin an internet business fail. They somehow seem to run out of money before creating enough of a downline to provide the residuals they need to survive. I have heard they are too uncomfortable talking with prospects on the phone. My downline keeps bailing on me. I can't generate enough leads. All of these can happen if you let them.I have come to realize that the problem may be a lack of self discipline. I had to work on this aspect of myself harder than I thought I needed to. It wasn't until I was attending a webinar hosted by Andrew Cass that I came to realize my shortcomings. He talked about extreme time management. How we as business owners and leaders needed to be aware of this and had 5 areas that we needed to master to set ourselves up for success.The first was the myth of time management. It does not exist. We all have the same 24 hours a day no matter what our current job is. Leaders learn to manage themselves in time. They are able to make more efficient use of their time and gain a competitive edge in doing so. Leaders always seem to get thing done.The second is overwhelm. I personally had to battle this one. I still can't believe how devastating this can be to productivity. To manage this he suggested setting a tight schedule and sticking to it. A daily fixed routine in blocks of time that you could journal. Have a start time and a finish time for everything to avoid overlong and unproductive meetings and such.The third he referred to as the vampire that sucks your time, distractions. Since you are working out of your home you need to determine what causes distractions for you and how to avoid them when completing your tasks. The more proactive you are at identifying them the easier it will be to work around them. This should lead to maximizing your efforts and productivity.The fourth is your environment. You need to be diligent when determining where at home you will do business related tasks. You may find that your office will only suffice for part of your daily tasks. And that you might have to go to the library for some or sit in the back yard for some. It is a trial and error process to determine where you need to be so you are most productive in that block of time. Once you figure out where, then you need to be consistent with your actions.The fifth is determining what you are worth per hour of your time. He said that you should take your income goal per month and break it down. Take your annual desired salary and divide by a 250 day work year. Then take number and multiply by 8 hours in a day. But in an average day you are only productive 1/3 of that time. So multiply the number of hours by.33 and you come up with the approximate number of productive hours you work. Take your desired income and divide by your productive hours and you get what you are worth per hour. The number I came up with was staggering. But it made me realize why he called it extreme time management. Every hour wasted because I allowed myself to stray from the daily routine costs me a lot of money. The webinar really brought into focus what I needed to do so that I could give myself a much better chance of surviving in an industry whose attrition claimed over 90% of its members.I spoke of battling overwhelm which is a concept that I had never heard of. I believe that this is the single most incapacitating situation I have ever encountered. I literally had to leave one company for another. I had struggled for over a month and had not generated a single lead. The only leads I had came from a co-op that I bought into. I knew that this was a short term fix, but I was attempting the fake until you make philosophy. Well it did not work. After the change in venue, things became clear and I was able now to learn what I needed to learn so that I could attack my campaigns with enthusiasm. I think that those of us who get overwhelmed need to find some way to change things up. Find a different way or a different mentor because this change could allow you to move forward in your business like it did for me. And most important, be willing to ask for help from whom ever might be available as you start to master the 5 things that Andrew Cass speaks of.

没有评论:

发表评论