2013年2月18日星期一

MLM Success With a Smile

Can MLM success really be attributed to something as simple as a smile? Yes! Numerous studies done by Yale, Harvard and top psychologists around the world have proven the people who smile do attract others. Ask some of the most famous successful people in the world and I bet they all have one thing in common which aided in their accomplishments. They practiced their smile until it was perfected and came naturally in their every day routine.This takes me back to my undergrad days when I was a waitress at a small truck stop in a town of nineteen hundred people. After the first week, talking to the other waitresses, I learned I was making double the tips they were. At first I credited the difference in tips to the fact I was new and the customers were trying to make a good impression. But as time went on, I always made double the money the other girls did. I started wondering myself and began watching the other girls.First of all, none of the other waitresses smiled. When they started their shift, they made sure the customers knew they were not happy at their job. The complaining was endless and they never took the time to make sure each customer felt important. I would always hear gossip in the town how "the regulars" would drive by first to see what waitress was working before they stopped. I am not mentioning this story to brag. I was a good waitress, but the deciding factor was my enthusiasm for people in general. It did not have to be forced. I always smiled and took the extra few minutes to treat my customers as if they were the only ones in the restaurant. It came down to the fact, that I could make customers feel good!My next goal was starting my chiropractic practice from scratch in a town of fifteen hundred from which I was not born. My friends went to practice in enormous cities, but I chose the small town atmosphere because I knew it was right for me. For me, small town living means many personal relationships. In a short time, I did not even have to run an ad in the newspapers and I haven't in years. I do not even have a yellow page ad. When my patients come in to my office, they are made to feel as if they are part of my family. After just the first week of practice, I had patients asking permission to call me by my first name instead of Dr. Groezinger (which is a mouthful). Their reasoning was because they felt so comfortable.Everyone calls me by my first name without feeling uncomfortable. My patients know they are my equal, not beneath me because of my degree. Do I love what I do? You bet and it shows everyday. In fact, today, I had a young lady leave my office and on the way out, she stopped and said "I like you because you always make me feel good." This was because I talked her through some rough spots in life today. Did I have to take the time? Is it really in my job description as a chiropractor? No, I did it because I care about her and I wanted too and she felt accepted for who she was. I was not there to judge or condemn her.Now my endeavor has moved on to MLM because I love the personal relationships. Granted, nowadays with the internet, most customers can not see you smile, but they can tell by the reflection in your voice. I do even smile when I am on the phone. I love helping people and his is portrayed even over the phone or emails. People know if your caring attitude is genuine or phony.Let's ponder my life experiences. Do you think my above successes could of happen without smiling everyday? What if I made my customers feel like it was a burden to adjust them and make them feel better? What if I carried a conceited holier than thou attitude? Do you think they would walk through my door again? Would a prospect every pick up the phone when I called? Of course not. If you only can find time to learn one thing in life, it should be your smile and not a false pasted one. People are not idiots and will know if you are patronizing them. Can a smile really be the difference between success and failure? You be the judge.

没有评论:

发表评论