2013年4月7日星期日

There's No Such Thing As Luck in MLM

Over the years I've had people tell me that I just got lucky. I've also had people tell me that they are not lucky when it comes to MLM.I actually do not believe there is luck involved when it comes to your own network marketing business.To start, I believe you need to choose a company that fits you. If you are not a cook, then don't join a company that sells kitchen products. If you are not a craft person, then don't join a company that sells rubber stamps or scrapbook supplies. Choose a company that sells products you'll use. When you walk into my house, it's easy to know what I sell. I have products all over my house and use them regularly. I very recently had someone approach me about joining a jewelry company. She went on and on about what a great opportunity this was. I don't wear jewelry. Not only am I not looking for another company to join, I also don't wear jewelry. This is not a match for me.Next, I believe you need to have a desire to build a business. It doesn't matter if you're opening a new pizza place or if you've joined an MLM company, you need to have a desire to make this work and make this grow. It's not about luck, it's about desire to make it happen. Not everyone has this desire. Over the years, I've met many people who said "it didn't work" when speaking about an MLM opportunity they "tried." They told me they work full time and they have a few kids. They also could tell me every episode of their favorite t.v. show. This person did not have a desire to build a business. As I said, not everyone does.You have to have a marketing plan or marketing strategy. People will not bang down your door to buy your products or join your team. You need to put yourself and your products out there. People need to know you exist. I have blogs, belong to online communities, chat on social media networks, have signs on my car, hold local fundraisers and just in general make it a point to let everyone know what I do. I am contacted regularly with people saying, "I saw your ad", or "I'm the one you spoke to in the community." People find me because I put my name and my products out there on a regular basis.Finally, I believe you need to constantly take steps to learn and grow. When I started in MLM, the internet didn't even exist. Yes, I'm aging myself here. I went door to door almost daily and I placed ads in newspapers and magazines across the country. Once the internet became another way to market, I wanted to learn all that I could learn. I read books, took classes and subscribed to blogs and newsletters. Life changes and new ideas are introduced. I've read entire books on the best ways to send emails. I've read entire books on how to answer your telephone and the message you're giving others when you answer. A mentor once told me that I needed to invest at least ten minutes each and every day reading something that would benefit my business. He told me that anyone could find a spare ten minutes per day. Doing this each and every day would give me three hundred minutes or four hours per month of new knowledge. What I used to do when I first learned this trick was to find a book and read for ten minutes each day. I'd then write up some kind of forum post or training for my team based on those ten minutes of learning. I even surprised myself at how much could be learned in just ten minutes per day.Succeeding in MLM really is not about "luck." It's about desire and choices.

没有评论:

发表评论