2012年12月29日星期六

Building Your Online Presence

I attended a networking event yesterday and was shocked to discover that I was the only one in the room with an online presence. Wow, to say that I was amazed is an understatement. In this day and age I think that it is safe to say that if you people don not see you online they will not see you offline.For those of you who are still resisting marketing online, I will give you two reasons why you should do so immediately:
Leverage
Personal BrandingOne major advantage on online marketing is leverage. Leverage is the ability to do more with less. For example, I can take this article and I can blast it all my social networking sites via Facebook and twitter. I can post it to my blog. I can then turn around and make a video and take that video and send it to many different video sites. Do you get it yet? All of that exposure from one little article. You never know how far one article will go. Now if you were only marketing off line there is absolutely no way that you would have that kind of leverage. The other thing that you are leveraging is money. The internet is free marketing heaven. There are so many sites that you can use to effectively place you out there as a leader, as an expert if you use it correctly. The most obvious site that you can leverage is face book. You can add up to 5,000 friends, create a fan page, start your own group and interact with all of these people for FREE. Just make sure that you are always adding value and not posting crap, which is the fastest way to be deleted from my account.The second reason why you need to market online is personal branding. You are your brand and you are the CEO of YOU, Inc., so what are you waiting for? Remember, people join people, not businesses. They are looking for leaders. Your future business partners and clients want to know who you are and what you represent. They want to connect with you. You have the opportunity to show your personality through your videos, blogs, articles, or however you decide to present your online. That's the beauty of online marketing. Personal branding is something that you need to take time and study because once the brand is created the last thing you want to do is start making lots of changes. Change a brand and you need to reconnect with your audience.There you have it. Still not convinced that online marketing is the way to go? Google the name of the top income earners in any business and tell me what you find. See you on internet land.Live your life,Golda

没有评论:

发表评论