2013年3月1日星期五

Spillover in MLM - Will it Make You Rich?

Many MLM companies talk about spillover in their compensation plan. I want to cover two things about spillover:
How does it work
Who does it attract
Spillover simply means that your sponsor or others who are in your upline can place people on your team. It is not a guarantee that they will! In some plans, positioning is forced. But that still means that to get spillover, your sponsor has to sign up more people. It has been said that the average person in MLM signs up 2.7 people. So after they got you, maybe they'll get 2 more. Will that make you rich?In most plans you must do something to qualify to earn money. For example, in one company I joined I needed to personally sponsor 2 people before I could earn any money. No matter how much spillover I got from my sponsor, if I did not keep 2 people active (meaning ordering a minimum amount each month) I did not earn any money. This was a binary plan; my sponsor had 2 teams and I had 2 teams. My sponsor was taught to build one team for me, not both teams, and I needed a certain balance between the teams to "cycle" (earn money.) He could put hundreds of people on my "strong leg" and I wouldn't earn any money unless I put people on the other leg. So make sure you understand what you personally must do, and maintain, to earn a pay check.Now let's look at who is attracted by the promise of spillover: people with a welfare mentality. People who want something for nothing will love the idea that their sponsor puts people on their team and they earn money for doing nothing. Sometimes they might even be offered a position with a team that already has $1 million in volume. Their fear of loss, of not having the opportunity to capitalize on that, will get them to join.But people who want something for nothing will not work. They won't sell anything or sponsor anyone. If you sign these people up, they will sit around waiting for you to make them rich. You will not get true leaders with the promise of spillover because true leaders want to earn their income based on their personal efforts. They need training and coaching when they are new to MLM but they still want to feel like they are working for their money.There's one more thing about spillover. Advertisements about programs with spillover are sometimes used to create a huge list of people. There are tons of people who want something for nothing. The list is then sold to a company that sells them as MLM leads. Honest, hard-working people trying to build a downline will pay $2 to $3 for each lead and spend their valuable time calling these welfare minded people. How well do you think that works?If you are still searching for a good opportunity, run from any plan that mentions spillover!

没有评论:

发表评论