2013年3月27日星期三

Can a Bear Cub Mentor You in MLM?

Someone asked me a great question last week. When she found out that I had only about 2 years of experience in MLM, she wanted to know "why are you qualified to mentor me?" An image immediately popped into my head. Rather than try to describe it, go to YouTube and search for "The Bear" by Jean Jacques Annaud. When you watch this you'll get the idea. I might be a cub in MLM but I have a great team backing me up. What makes a great mentoring team?Two things:Experience in the industry
A mix of all 4 personality typesThe old saying "there is no substitute for experience" is really true. You don't want to take advice from someone unless they have already achieved what you want! A few weeks ago, I was attending a chamber mixer and some guy who has never even been in MLM started trying to give me advice (without knowing my experience level either!) His advice was totally opposite to what my mentors teach. He was also trying to sell me a $300 advertisement space in a magazine, which is not really appropriate for my business.I choose to be mentored by people who have 20-30 years of success in MLM and are working from home full-time. They truly have what I desire - complete time and financial freedom.Once you understand the personality types, you want to work with all types on your team because they each have different strengths. When I want to do a 3-way call to introduce someone I am mentoring to a more experienced coach, I determine the coach I want by the personality type of the person being mentored as well as the topic we need to discuss. Making the best match ensures good communication and a good outcome.When it comes to mentoring for myself, I would never want to be exclusively mentored by just one person. Since I am a green, another green might not be the best person to spot my self development needs. We usually need someone with a different perspective to help us grow. But when it comes to crunching numbers, like understanding a compensation plan, greens excel. And another green would understand why certain marketing methods are uncomfortable for me and could suggest solutions. But, when I am trying to learn a new technical skill I will not always work with a green. They may know very well how to do what I need, but they tend to be impatient.I am sure at some time you have talked to someone you knew had the knowledge to help you, but the two of you just didn't "click." That is why it is so important to have a whole group of people you can call on. Someone always has the answer!

没有评论:

发表评论