2013年3月9日星期六

The 3 Stages of Learning

I definitely experienced these 3 stages of learning in my MLM career:
You don't know what you don't know
You know what you don't know
You knowWhen we were first born, we didn't know that we didn't know how to walk. Eventually we noticed that bigger kids and adults could walk and it seemed to be beneficial, so we wanted to learn. We stumbled a few times of course, but eventually we walked. Then we talked, and learned to ride a bike, and learned to drive a car...It all goes through the same stages.I believe the first stage is also known as "blissful ignorance." In my MLM career, this was the stage where:
I thought all compensation plans were probably similar, but had never compared mine to any other so I believed the people who said it was the best.
I thought that the "terms and conditions" were the only rules; I had no idea there was a separate document called "policies and procedures" nor did I know how important it was to read that document.
I thought that doing everything my upline told me to do would get me to financial freedom; I had no idea that different personality types should use different methods.
I thought I was being taught everything that might work. I thought my company would provide the total system I would need for success.I had a lot to learn, but I didn't know it...yet.As time went on, I realized I was spending more than I was making. I realized that what my upline told me to do didn't work for me. I knew what I didn't know - I was missing something! This is a really painful and frustrating stage. Some days I wanted to give up, so I read some really good self development books that helped me continue to believe that I deserved to make my dreams come true. Something told me to keep looking.I tried several different training systems. Finally, I found the one that taught me how to think, not what to think and everything changed. I found the place where I could learn what I knew I didn't know.Do I know it all now? Of course not! I can walk the walk and talk the talk but I am not jetting around in the sports car just yet. I do know what I want, and I really want it, so guess what? It's a done deal.You never questioned that you would learn to walk because you were determined. Remember that learning how to do anything new goes through these stages, and it takes time. You will stumble and fall sometimes. It happens.Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep smiling and learning.

没有评论:

发表评论