2013年3月6日星期三

Business Success - Utilize Key Sites and Stay Focused

In talking with a number of associates recently, I found out that some of them felt overwhelmed with all of the social media sites that are out there. They expressed concern that they wouldn't have time to actually call prospects and potential clients if they were to entertain a presence on the sites out there nowadays, yet knew that social media was an important part of their business. Some of them said it seemed that every day there was a new social site and they felt a pressure to sign on and participate when they were already spread thin. It's true. There are countless sites out there and available now to network, market and connect with others on that may help propel your business to success. And while a solid presence for your business on these sites is always beneficial if done right, it can also take away from time you need to effectively approach the clients that contact you regarding your opportunity.What I tell them is that I do sign up for most sites out there. However, I quickly ascertain which ones seem to be the most popular and that offer what I want to portray as far as my business. I find quite a number of those sites are nothing but spam and people hyping their business or opportunity and offer no real advantage or knowledge that will help me build my business. And when that is the case, very minimal, if any, continued participation is necessary in my eyes. Lately there have been 2 sites that I set up a profile on, and to be honest, I haven't reaped even one shred of knowledge from them. What I have received is countless contacts and messages, all of which are from others pushing their opportunities. Since that is not the way I market, needless to say, I have relinquished all participation on those sites. I will leave my profile up, but since they don't really offer a chance for me to post items that will benefit others (other than if I was to push my opportunity and "spam" members), it makes no sense for me to take away from time that could be better spent in my business day.What I have learned, and what I advise people to do, is to participate in any site they are on and gauge the response and the type of information exchanges that take place on those sites. If there are links with valid and useful information posted and the opportunity is there for you to do the same, then definitely invest the time to actively and regularly participate. If the site is netting you nothing but hype and spam-type marketing, then you will be one of countless others on there and not really be moving toward valuable exposure for your product or service.As I have mentioned in previous posts, forums offer a relief from some of the social sites' downfalls. They have moderators that keep the spamming out (except in maybe one section set aside for that) and allow for valid exchanges of information and advice. And also as I have mentioned, we can definitely always learn from others who have experience in areas we don't. I spend quite a bit of my time that I allot for sites on the forums. People are generally there to learn and to help others learn. And that's an environment I want to associate my business with.I do participate on social media sites, but I stick to the key sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and I make sure that my content offers value and that I develop relationships with like-minded business individuals. I enjoy meeting new people as well, and am able to share resources that I found useful in the building of my business. That, to me, is time well spent and invested and presents my opportunity the way I want it to be presented.If you make sure that you appraise the actual quality of the sites you spend your time on, you will definitely gain from the dedication of time. And time in your business is money-so it is of the utmost importance that you dedicate your time to only the sites and forums which best "fit" you and your business. By doing that, you can also improve the quality of the content you share on those key sites and stay focused on growing your business. So, take the pressure off yourself to be "everywhere". Because being everywhere will not produce the results you are looking for if you aren't even in those places effectively.

没有评论:

发表评论